About this item
- Velop Tri-Band AX system provides next-gen WiFi 6 technology, delivering 3.5x faster speeds* of up to 4.2 Gbps throughout your home; with 4x more capacity, it has enough bandwidth for 40+ devices**
- Provides fast, reliable WiFi coverage for 4K HD streaming, gaming and more
- Ideal for large, 3-bedroom homes (up to 3,000 sq ft / 260 sqm)***; eliminates possible dead zones inside the house
- Works with all internet/broadband providers (ISPs) and supplied equipment / routers / modems
- Connect one Velop node to your ISP equipment and use the Linksys App to complete the simple setup in minutes; increase your coverage by adding additional nodes throughout the house
Linksys MX4200 Velop Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 (AX) System
Offering exceptional speed, coverage, and capacity, the Linksys MX4200 is the next generation of WiFi. It delivers true gigabit WiFi 6 speeds, up to 4.2 Gbps to every corner of your home, including outdoor areas. The Velop WiFi 6 Tri-Band series can handle 40+ devices, so laptops, televisions, smart-home systems, and more can all operate simultaneously with ease. The MX4200 is part of Velop’s modular system, which means increasing your coverage is as simple as adding another Velop node.
Linksys MX4200 delivers true gigabit speeds throughout your entire home, for a faster connection to handle all the latest streaming, gaming and mobile technology. Next-generation OFDMA (orthogonal frequency-division multiple access) increases efficiency and delivers high-speed WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously.
This Mesh WiFi system combines Velop’s Intelligent Mesh technology with WiFi 6 to deliver true gigabit WiFi speeds to every corner of your home, even in hard to reach places. The Linksys MX4200 system provides coverage that extends to all outdoor smart lights, cameras and speakers, covering up to 3,000 sq ft.*
With 4x the capacity of WiFi 5, WiFi 6 provides enough bandwidth for 40+ devices. And MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) technology allows downloads and uploads on eight devices simultaneously. You can download, stream, game and stay connected all at the same time, without fear that your internet will drop.
Equipped with eight Gigabit-Ethernet ports, the MX4200 supports wired connections up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet. And thanks to the ultra-fast USB 3.0 port, you can easily connect shared storage devices. In addition, the MX4200 system safeguards your network with wireless WPA2 (WiFi Protected Access 2) encryption and an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall.
To create a mesh system, you will need at least two Velop nodes: one node is connected to your ISP provided equipment and acts as a router. Each additional node finds the best channel and path to wirelessly connect to the previous one, creating a seamless and reliable WiFi connection throughout your entire home. These nodes create a single wireless network with one SSID and password. Each Velop WiFi 6 Tri-Band Series node has identical functionalities, so it doesn’t matter which one you connect to the ISP equipment.
The Linksys MX4200 is compatible with WiFi connected smart devices, such as smart lights, cameras and smart TVs.
With the Linksys App, you can closely monitor and manage your home WiFi remotely, using a smartphone or tablet. Easy to use features include:
* Actual performance may vary depending on numerous environmental factors, including but not limited to building layout, materials and construction methods, mix of wireless devices used and levels of interference present.